Copyright Pixelmon Realms 2017

/ 240 Players Online

Legendary Spawn Rates

1 reply
Votes:
Untagged users
After discussing with a number of veteran players on the server, it's become pretty clear that the spawn rates for legendaries have been significantly reduced at some stage. Right now, the average spawn time comes out at around 1 in every 3-4 hours.

If you consider that it's 1 legend spawn every ~4 hours, on 1 of the say 30+ people on the server, you're looking at a expected 120 hours of gametime to have a personal legendary spawn. This is of course ignoring factors such as spawn requirements, size of potential spawn area, and the general unreliability of probability. But the fact remains; that's a really long time and with other factors included will not significantly decrease. As it stands, I think it's fair to say that "EZ Legends" is a bit of false advertising. Whether the decrease was intentional or a byproduct of some alternative change is not known, but it is apparent that a change has in fact occurred.

I'm sure having harder to obtain legends provides greater server income by incentivising the server store options, but in doing so you're isolating those who're not looking to spend significant amounts of cash to unlock game content. I see players veteran and new alike complaining at how rare legendaries are now, and there's an air of general dissatisfaction with it.

Discussion with other players resulted in a general consensus that if an increase in spawn rates were to happen, it should not be a return to the previous levels. We all agree that legendary Pokémon should not be a common commodity, and that prior rates were high enough to cause significant devaluation. The only real change necessary would be to make it actually possible to dedicate time to search out a particular legendary. As it stands right now, one can spend upwards of 20 hours in a particular biome while trying to maximise spawn chance through creating a wide area (etc.) with no results. This is not satisfying gameplay, and is plainly frustrating.

I'm posting this here because I don't really know where else to present this. These forums seem kind of dead, but if this is read by anyone in the know to what I am referring to, please respond to this post or message me etc. Perhaps I am entirely wrong and nothing has changed, but the empirical evidence speaks strongly to the contrary. Not trying to dictate a change or incite dissent here, just hoping to raise the issue seeing as there isn't an easy outlet to do so elsewhere.
Posted Aug 20, 18 · OP
kingzilla70
kingzilla70 @ Emerald
Votes:
Untagged users
I agree, i made a dedicated area and have sat on it for atleast 60 hours so far (lowballing) and still none, i have been here for every vote party, a majoriti of this double legends weekend, and been here with up to 3 more of my friends. Nothing spawned, and honestly its demoralizing to an extreme degree.... im actually considering switching servers to something with a higher rate
Posted Feb 17, 19
Donate as guest or login
NoticeNotices